Get equipped to live out Jesus’ Great Commission: Go and make disciples.
Fostering a commitment to discipleship is the engine that runs your ministry. This discipleship workshop will teach the fundamentals, theory, and praxis of intentional One-on-One Discipleship Mentoring.
Discipleship mentors walk with peers on their spiritual journey: sharing life, struggles, victories, and everything involved with developing the heart and habits of a follower of Jesus. This track empowers participants to apprentice another in the main aspects of discipleship by facilitating a Spirit-led conversation, rooted in Scripture and the Tradition of the Catholic Church. The Church calls this “initiatory catechesis” (General Directory of Catechesis).
- Develop a vision for making disciples (Matthew 28:18-20) by means of person-to-person ministry (1 Thessalonians 2:8) and apprenticeship in spiritual habits of initiatory catechesis:
- Centering your life on Christ
- Participation in the Sacraments
- Daily mental prayer
- A growing love of the Scriptures
- The life of Christian community in the Church
- Evangelization as the natural overflow of love known in Jesus
- Obedience to Christ and his Church
- Identify and select who is ready for apprenticing in discipleship
- Preparing for a mentoring meeting
- Practice mentoring another individual
- Intercede for discipleship partners