Looking for an organized and driven Accountant to support the ministry of the Evangelical Catholic (EC), an independent 501 3 non-profit organization with headquarters in Madison, WI, through preparing the financial records of the organization and essentially functioning as the chief financial officer. We are looking for a passionate individual to join our growing Catholic organization. We offer a relaxed office environment with flexible hours to complete your duties.
• Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities into on-line Quickbooks software including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary. Includes handling accounts receivable/payable, employee reimbursements, etc.
• Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation and analysis.
• Handling the EC payroll and all necessary tax filings.
• Work closely with our CPA firm to complete our annual audit.
• Tracking of donations for the organization in separate software.
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions as necessary
• Oversee taxes and abide by federal regulations
• Identify and implement cost saving and efficiency improvements on an ongoing basis.
• 3+ years accounting experience or 4-yr College Degree or other equivalent experience. Non-Profit accounting experience is a requirement.
• Hands on experience with QuickBooks.
• Proficiency with Excel and Google doc spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of merchant processing a plus.
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
Pay and Benefits:
Accountant is a full-time position paying between $55,000 – $65,000.
How to Apply
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Campus Ministry Alliance Associate
Alliance Associate Needed
The Evangelical Catholic equips Catholic ministries for evangelization by inspiring, training, and supporting local leaders to drive dynamic outreach. Because the need for evangelization is so great in the world and Catholic ministries are increasingly awakening to the power Jesus has given them for this great mission, demand for the EC’s help is growing.
As our campus ministry Evangelization Alliances expand, we need to hire Alliance Associates to mentor the leaders of these ministries to reach more people in their community with the life of Jesus in the Church. The position requires that the associate live in the Madison, WI area.
An Evangelical Catholic Alliance Associate is a demanding position. Associates must build trust quickly, inspire paradigmatic shifts in ministry, and provide training and support that makes dynamic evangelization sustainable. Associates mentor, train and guide the main student leaders of the ministry by meeting one-on-one with them. These meetings will consist of developing the leaders’ own life in discipleship and will also further the culture of conversion, while also developing the drive of the ministry by setting specific goals and holding each ministry leader accountable. All of this is driven while maintaining a spirit of love, appreciation, and gentleness.
Alliance Associates are required to travel up to 8-10 nights per month. Because of the demands of the role and the required travel, talented leaders will be compensated well as Alliance Associates.
How to Apply
If you are interested in exploring this role with the Evangelical Catholic, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.